Suitable Tile Types
- Vitreous, semi-vitreous or non-vitreous tile: ceramic, mosaic, quarry, cement body tile
- Impervious porcelain and glass tile
- Brick and Stone Veneer
- Cement-based precast terrazzo
- Natural stone tile
- Concrete, mortar beds, masonry, Portland cement plaster
- WonderBoard®, cement backerboards
- Liquid applied waterproofing membranes such as RedGard® and Custom® 9240
- Crack prevention sheet membranes such as Crack Buster® Pro
- Exterior Grade Plywood (interior residential and light commercial dry areas)
- Gypsum wallboard (interior dry areas)
- Existing ceramic tile
- Fully bonded sheet vinyl flooring
- Plastic laminates
- Cutback adhesive (see preparation instructions)
Composition & Materials
Proprietary blend of Portland cement, inorganic aggregates, copolymers and chemicals.
- Sets quickly
- Allows grouting in as little as 2-3 hours and light foot traffic in 4 hours
- Maximum bond strength and flexibility
- Isolates cracks to 1/8" (3 mm)
- Non-slump medium bed for heavy tile and stone installations for floors and walls
- Exceeds ANSI A118.4 and A118.11 standards without the need for additives
- Do not bond directly to hardwood, Luan plywood, particle board, parquet, cushion or sponge-back vinyl flooring, metal, fiberglass, plastic or OSB panels.
- When setting moisture sensitive natural stone, cement or agglomerate tile use EBM-Lite™ Epoxy Bonding Mortar 100% Solids or CEG-Lite™ 100% Solids Commercial Epoxy Grout.
- Do not use to install resin-backed stone use EBM-Lite™ Epoxy Bonding Mortar 100% Solids, CEG-Lite™ 100% Solids Commercial Epoxy Grout or contact Custom's® Technical Services for recommendations.
- When setting glass tile larger than 6" x 6" (15 x 15 cm), contact Custom's® Technical Services for recommendations.
- When setting dimensional stone larger than 12" x 12" (30 x 30 cm), contact Custom's® Technical Services for recommendations regarding subfloor deflection requirements.
- 30 lb (13.6 kg) bag
- Gray or white
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) ANSI A108.5, A118.4 and A118.11 of the American National Standards for the Installation of Ceramic Tile ASTM International (ASTM). Meets ANSI A138.1 for Sustainable Tile Installation Products.
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 13007-2 for Thin Set Mortar.
- ASTM C109 Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Hydraulic Cement Mortars (Using 2-in. or [50-mm] Cube Specimens)
- ASTM C627 Standard Test Method for Evaluating Ceramic Floor Tile Installation Systems Using the Robinson-Type Floor Tester Resilient Floor Covering Institute (RFCI) "Recommended Work Practices for Removal of Resilient Floor Coverings"
Tile Council of North America (TCNA) TCNA Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installation, TCNA Method EJ171
Technical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet - French
Technical Data Sheet - Spanish
Material Safety Data Sheet - English
Material Safety Data Sheet - French
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom's® sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom's® printed instructions. Custom® makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. Click for details and complete warranty information.