Suitable Tile Types
- Moisture sensitive natural stone or agglomerates
- Resin-backed stone
- Vitreous, semi-vitreous or absorptive tile: ceramic, mosaic, quarry, cement
- Impervious porcelain and glass tile
- Brick and mini brick
- Cement-based precast terrazzo
- Natural stone tile including moisture sensitive green and black marble and granite
- For floor and wall installations
- For interior use
- For exterior installations with surface temperatures between 60°F (16°C) and 90°F (32°C)
- Industrial, commercial and institutional applications with extremely high mortar strength requirements
- High traffic areas such as airports and shopping malls
- Applications requiring high acid and chemical resistance such as dairies, breweries, bottling plants, bakeries, meat packing plants, pharmaceutical plants and animal hospitals
- Concrete, masonry, plaster
- WonderBoard®, cement backerboards
- Gypsum wallboard (dry areas)
- Exterior Grade Plywood (interior dry areas)
- Existing ceramic tile
- Sheet vinyl, VCT
- Existing plastic laminate
- Bare carbon steel
- Cutback adhesive
Composition & Materials
Epoxy resin and hardeners blended with inorganic fillers
- Do not bond directly to hardwood, Luan plywood, particle board, parquet, cushion or sponge-back vinyl flooring, plastic and OSB panels.
- Epoxy mortar should not be used to level the floor. When used as a medium bed mortar, thickness should not exceed 3/4" (19 mm) after tiles have been beaten in.
- When setting glass tile over 6" x 6" (15 x 15 cm) contact Technical Services for recommendations.
- When setting dimensional stone larger than 12" x 12" (30 x 30 cm) contact Technical Services for recommendations regarding subfloor deflection requirements.
- Temperature will affect the working time of EBM-Lite™. Hot weather will accelerate curing and shorten working time. Cold weather will slow curing and extend working time. Surface temperatures for installation should be between 60°F (16°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Not recommended in some manufacturing facilities where heavy solvents are used. Consult Technical Services on questionable installations.
Part A 68 fl. oz. (2 L) bottle
Part B 32 fl. oz. (.9 L) bottle
Part C 14.4 lb (6.5 kg) bag
Detailed installation procedures and use of epoxy mortars may be found in the TCNA Handbook under F-113, F-114, F-115, F-116, F-125, F-128, F-143, F-131, F-132, F-134, F-135, F-200, F-205, TR-711 and TR-712 and in addition, in ANSI A108.6.
Technical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet - French
Technical Data Sheet - Spanish
Material Safety Data Sheet - Part A English
Material Safety Data Sheet - Part B English
Material Safety Data Sheet - Part C English
Material Safety Data Sheet - Part A French
Material Safety Data Sheet - Part B French
Material Safety Data Sheet - Part C French
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom's® sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom's® printed instructions. Custom® makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. This warranty is not transferrable.
When EBM-Lite™ Epoxy Bonding Mortar is used as a part of a qualifying full installation system of CUSTOM products, the installation can qualify for up to a lifetime system warranty. CUSTOM will repair and/or replace, at its discretion, the affected area of the system. For more information, find details and limitations to this warranty at custombuildingproducts.com.