- Color consistent, stain and chemical resistant
- Easy to spread and clean-up
- No sagging in vertical joints
- Contains recycled LEED contributing materials
Composition & Materials
2-part formula, with Part A pigmented liquid epoxy hardener and Part B liquid epoxy resin combined with aggregates.
- 2-Part 100% Solids Epoxy
- No shrinkage
- Color consistent and stain resistant
- Easy to spread and water clean-up
- No additive needed for critical grouting applications
- Contains recycled materials that may contribute to LEED® credits
- Exceeds ANSI A118.3 (100% Epoxy) performance requirements
- Should not be used in an environment with temperature requirements above 250°F (121°C) for any extended period of time.
- When used to install tile in an area that will be continually wet (e.g. swimming pools, gang showers, etc.), it is recommended that the complete installation be cured 14 days prior to full submersion with chemically treated water.
- Epoxy, epoxy residue, or wash water will discolor painted or anodized surfaces upon contact. Protect these surfaces from exposure.
- Should be tested for possible staining or slight color changes when used with porous, absorptive, textured tile and stone units such as rough textured ceramic tile, natural stone or marble.
- All epoxies are temperature sensitive. Epoxies are easiest to apply when temperatures are between 70°F and 85°F (21°C and 29°C). Lower temperatures will cause the epoxy to become stiff and more difficult to work and will extend initial set. Higher temperatures will cause the epoxy to become more fluid and will accelerate the set.
- With all epoxies, a crystallization effect can occur when the liquid gets below 45°F (7°C) and/or has experienced multiple cycles of high and low temperature changes. If material is hard, place the sealed container (with the lid on), in warm tap water at approximately 120°F (49°C) for 10 to 20 minutes, and when re-liquified, let the material return to room temperature before mixing.
- Colors may be slightly different than shown on color samples. When color considerations are critical, a mock-up should be constructed prior to final selection and application.
- Not recommended in some manufacturing facilities where strong solvents are used. Consult Technical Services on questionable installations. CUSTOM recommends the use of CEG-IG™ Commercial Epoxy Grout for these installations.
- The use of non-rinse, enzyme-based cleaners is not recommended because they will break down the organic materials in epoxy grout, causing permanent damage.
- Some ceramic, glass, marble or stone tiles can be scratched or damaged by the silica aggregate filler. Perform a test on a small area prior to use.
Grout mixture requires two separately-sold parts:
- Part A 1.3 lb (.58 kg) container of pigmented liquid epoxy hardener, available in 27 standard colors
- Part B 19 lb (8.6 kg) or 9.5 lb (4.3 kg) liquid epoxy resin combined with aggregates
Detailed installation procedures and use of epoxy mortars may be found in the TCNA Handbook under F-114, F-115, F-116E, F-125, F-128, F-143, F-131, F-132, F-134, F-135, F-200, F-205, TR-712 and TR-713 and in addition, in ANSI A108.6. Exceeds ANSI A118.3 specifications. Conforms to requirements for chemical-resistant, water cleanable tile setting and grouting epoxy found in ANSI A108.6 and ANSI A118.3.
Technical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet - French
Technical Data Sheet - Spanish
Material Safety Data Sheet Part A - English
Material Safety Data Sheet Part B - English
Material Safety Data Sheet Part A - French
Material Safety Data Sheet Part B - French
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom's® sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom's® printed instructions. Custom® makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. This warranty is not transferrable.
When CEG-Lite™ 100% Solids Commercial Epoxy Grout is used as a part of a qualifying full installation system of CUSTOM products in an approved installation environment, the installation can qualify for up to a lifetime system warranty. CUSTOM will repair and/or replace, at its discretion, the affected area of the system. For more information, find details and limitations to this warranty at custombuildingproducts.com.
For commercial kitchen and industrial applications, contact your Custom Building Products representative for details regarding warranty durations.