A rapid setting tile installation can actually be more cost effective to the end user by keeping businesses open with minimal downtime. Fast track tile installations can benefit both commercial and residential projects. It can increase revenue by allowing a restaurant to quickly return to service with overnight renovations or help keep a shopping mall open during construction. It can also reduce inconvenience to homeowners by allowing quick completion of bathroom tiling.
While there are distinct advantages, there are also things to consider in order to maximize your resources and avoid problems. CUSTOM’s tips and suggestions will guide you through the entire process including surface preparation, setting and grouting. For example, should you use a rapid setting self leveler such as CUSTOM’s LevelQuik RS to achieve a flat surface? Or, should you use a rapid setting mortar that has high early strengths to install tile?
In this video, CUSTOM also answers frequently asked questions such as:
- What type of preparations need to be made before starting a project that uses rapid setting material?
- What surface preparation products are most suitable for the project?
- What are the advantages of easy to install mats versus membranes for crack isolation and waterproofing?
- Should you use a thin set mortar or a self leveling underlayment to correct floor flatness?
- What types of mortars are best to use and which ones should you avoid to allow early traffic
- What types of fast curing grout are available
Installing tile with rapid setting, fast curing levelers, membranes, mortar and grout can save both time and money. Watch our video for our top five tips for rapid setting tile installations to successfully complete projects and avoid costly delays and future failures.