Installing tile 15” or longer on any side? Did you know you need a mortar rated for large and heavy tile?
CUSTOM offers six Large Format Tile (LFT) mortars that promote flat, even tile installations.
- MegaLite: Ultimate performance, crack prevention, lightweight, for walls and floors
- ProLite: Premium performance, lightweight, for walls and floors
- FlexBond-LFT: Premium performance, crack prevention, for walls and floors. Available in Canada.
- Complete Contact-LFT: Premium performance, flowable (reduces need for backbuttering), rapid setting for floors
- Natural Stone & Large Tile Mortar: Premium performance, for walls and floors
- VersaBond-LFT: Professional performance, for floors
DON’T rely on folklore alternatives such as:
- Spot bonding
- Using less than the recommended amount of water or hot water
- Adding kitchen ingredients like baking soda to “thicken” a mortar
There is no substitute for using a medium bed or large format tile mortar and making sure that the installation achieves 80% mortar coverage under the tile for interior applications.
For more information read our white paper on Medium Bed Mortars and view our Large Format Tile product brochure.