Suitable Tile Types
- Vitreous, semi-vitreous or non-vitreous tile: ceramic, mosaic, quarry, cement body tile
- Impervious porcelain and glass tile
- Cement-based precast terrazzo
- Polished, natural stone
- Groutable luxury vinyl tile
Limitations to the Product
- Should not be installed when ambient or surface temperature is lower than 50° F (10° C) or above 90° F (32° C).
- Some ceramic, glass, marble or stone tiles can be scratched or damaged by the silica aggregate filler. Perform a test on a small area prior to use.
- Tile or stone with high absorption, surfaces that are porous or rough, textured surfaces and some types of porcelain tile may require sealing prior to grouting to prevent possible staining. See the General Surface Prep section for details.
- Do not use Fusion Pro with irregularly shaped or spaced tile or stone, such as pebble stones, where joint widths or depths exceed 1/2".
- Not for use in either industrial applications or in areas subjected to harsh or continuous chemicals, high heat or high-pressure cleaning. For heavy industrial tile installations, use CEG-IG 100% Solids Epoxy Grout.
- Not for use over concrete slabs with high moisture emission rates.
- Not for use in steam rooms or submerged applications (swimming pools, spas, water features and fountains).
- Not for use in movement joints or changes of plane in the tile installation. In these areas us an appropriate caulk or sealant such as Commercial 100% Silicone Caulk or Polyblend® Ceramic Tile Caulk.
General Surface Prep
Tiled surface and joints must be clean, and adhesives must be dry. When grouting both vertical and horizontal substrates together, protect horizontal substrate from excess wash water that may fall during the cleaning of grout on walls by covering the floor area prior to grout installation on the walls.
Application of Product
IMPORTANT: Download our Fusion Pro installation instructions!
- Detailed Installation Guide
- Installing Fusion Pro in a Shower or Wet Area
USE CHEMICAL-RESISTANT GLOVES, such as nitrile, when handling product
- Pre-seal natural stones and porous or rough textured tile with Aqua Mix® Grout Release, Aqua Mix® Sealer's Choice® Gold or TileLab® SurfaceGard®.
- Fusion Pro cures by evaporation. Ensure setting material has dried, substrate does not have a high moisture emission rate and work area has adequate ventilation.
- Only spread for 3-4 minutes, typically 20 sq. ft. (1.85 m²) before cleaning grout off the tile surface. More can be spread in cool, damp conditions; less in hot, dry conditions.
- Do not allow Fusion Pro to dry or skin over prior to final cleaning. If grout dries on surface during installation, lightly moisten and wait 2-4 minutes, then gently clean tile surface using sponge or white nylon scrubber.
Fusion Pro is a new technology grout with significant advantages over traditional grouts, requiring modified installation techniques to achieve best results. Do not apply or clean up this grout as typically done with cement or epoxy grout.
Lightly dampen tile surface before spreading. Use a medium to hard grout float to spread grout. Spread grout and fill joints for 3-4 minutes, typically 20 sq. ft. (1.85 m²) increments. More grout can be spread in cool, damp conditions; less in hot, dry conditions. Drag the edge of the float diagonally across the tile to remove excess grout while leaving the joints full. Cleaning of grouted area should begin immediately, before grouting next section.
With a lightly damp grout sponge held flat against the tile, apply even pressure and use a light, circular motion to loosen excess grout from the tile surface. Rinse the sponge and hold it flat against the tile face to gather and wipe off excess material. Shape joints full. Be sure to rinse sponge and change rinse water frequently to reduce grout haze.
Lastly, drag a lightly damp microfiber towel across the surface for final clean up. Do not allow Fusion Pro to dry or skin over prior to final cleaning. If grout dries on the surface, lightly moisten and wait 2-4 minutes, then gently clean the tile surface using a sponge (or a white nylon scrubber) to remove residue. If streaks or residue remain after 2 hours, use diluted Mix® Grout Haze Clean-Up,Aqua Mix® Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner, TileLab® Grout & Tile Cleaner or TileLab® Heavy Duty Stripper & Cleaner and clean with a sponge or scrub pad. Additional instruction and videos available online.
Curing of Product
Allow 24 hrs until light traffic, and 3 days at 70° F (21° C) and 50% relative humidity before intermittent water exposure. Lower temperatures and higher humidity will slow the cure times. Covering Fusion Pro immediately after grouting will extend the cure time. Grout should be allowed to cure 24 hours before covering with a highly-porous protective material to ensure a timely cure to protect the surface from other trades traffic. Lower temperatures and higher humidity will slow cure times. Exterior applications must be protected from rain, snow and other wet conditions for at least 7 days with temperature above 50° F (10° C). If inclement weather is expected, protect the work area with tenting at least 1 foot (30 cm) above the finished surface to allow air flow. Enclose and protect exterior installations and maintain >50° F (10° C) temperatures for at least 72 hours for proper cure.
Sealing of Grout
Sealing is not necessary. Do not use solvent-based sealers with Fusion Pro.
Cleaning of equipment
Clean tools and hands with water before material dries.
Handling & Storage
Protect grout from freezing. If product freezes, return to room temperature and use as directed. Do not stir if partially frozen.
Clean with a neutral cleaner such as Aqua Mix AquaKleen, Aqua Mix Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner or Tilelab Grout & Tile Cleaner.