Suitable Tile Types
EasyMat® can be used with the following tile types:
- Ceramic tile, all types including impervious porcelain
- Natural stone
- Precast terrazzo tile
- Concrete, cement mortar, masonry
- Cement Backerboard
- Exterior Plywood and OSB (interior, dry areas only)
- Exterior Decks – Contact Technical Services
- Post-Tension Concrete – Contact Technical Services
- Lightweight Concrete (min. 2000 psi compressive strength)
- Gypsum-Based cement topping (min. 2000 psi compressive strength)
- Existing ceramic tile and resilient flooring
Composition & Materials
Polypropylene foam spheres bonded together with the use of Polyurethane Adhesive in sheet format.
- Set tile and stone over any acceptable subfloor
- Up to four times faster to install than 1/4" (6 mm) backerboard
- Optional peel & stick version
- Up to 25 times lighter than 1/4" (6 mm) backerboard
- Cuts easily with a utility knife
- Mortar locks in to form a bonded-crack prevention system
- No mechanical fasteners or tape needed
- High and reliable-impact sound reduction
- Do not bond directly to hardwood, Luan plywood, particle board, parquet, cushion or sponge-back vinyl flooring, metal, fiberglass or plastic.
- Do not use as a wear surface.
- When setting glass tile, contact Custom's Technical Services for recommendations.
- When setting dimensional stone larger than 12" x 12" (30 x 30 cm), contact Custom's Technical Services for recommendations regarding subfloor deflection requirements.
- Not for controlling vertical or differential movement cracks.
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) ANSI A108.01, A108.17, A118.12 and A118.13 American National Standards for the Installation of Ceramic Tile ASTM International (ASTM)
- ASTM C627 Standard Test Method for Evaluating Ceramic Floor Tile Installation Systems Using the Robinson-Type Floor Tester
- ASTM D638 Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics
Tile Council of North America (TCNA) TCNA Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installation, TCNA Method EJ171, F125 & F125A
Technical Data Sheet
Material Safety Data Sheet - English
Technical Data Sheet - French
Technical Data Sheet - Spanish
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. CUSTOM's sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with CUSTOM's printed instructions. CUSTOM makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. This warranty is not transferrable.
When EasyMat® Tile & Stone Underlayment is used as a part of a qualifying full installation system of CUSTOM products, the installation can qualify for up to a lifetime system warranty. CUSTOM will repair and/or replace, at its discretion, the affected area of the system. For more information, find details and limitations to this warranty at custombuildingproducts.com.