- Meets all ANSI standards for cement backerboard
- For use in wet areas
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Contains no fiber or gypsum
Composition & Materials
WonderBoard® Lite panels are composed of stable Portland cement, EPS beads, aggregates and reinforcement.
- New formula -- same durable performance with faster, easier installation.
- 7/16 board aligns to 1/2" (13 mm) drywall without use of shims or spacers on wall studs.
- WonderBoard® Lite includes a preprinted pattern on the panel surface and is easy to score, snap, cut and fasten, simplifying installation.
- Remains stable when exposed to moisture, reducing risk of moisture damage.
- Do not use WonderBoard® Lite for exterior surfaces where imposed wind loads exceed 30 lb/sq ft (146 kg/sq m).
- Do not use WonderBoard® Lite as a structural load bearing member.
- WonderBoard® Lite is not a waterproof barrier. If the area behind the backerboard must be kept dry, use RedGard® Waterproofing and Crack Prevention Membrane or Custom® 9240 Waterproofing and Anti-Fracture Membrane
- Do not use drywall fiberglass tape for this product.
- Do not use wallboard joint compound for this product.
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) ANSI A108.11, A118.9, A108.5 and A118.4 American National Standards for the Installation of Ceramic Tile ASTM International (ASTM) ASTM C1325
- ASTM C473 Standard Test Methods for Physical Testing of Gypsum Panel Products
- ASTM C627 Standard Test Method for Evaluating Ceramic Floor Tile Installation Systems Using the Robinson-Type Floor Tester
- ASTM C947 Standard Test Method for Flexural Properties of Thin-Section Glass-Fiber-Reinforced Concrete (Using Simple Beam With Third-Point Loading)
- ASTM D1037 Standard Test Methods for Evaluating Properties of Wood-Base Fiber and Particle Panel Materials
- ASTM D2394 Standard Methods for Simulated Service Testing of Wood and Wood-Base Finish Flooring
- ASTM E84 Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) NFPA 255 Standard Method of Test of Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials
Tile Council of North America (TCNA) TCNA Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installation, TCNA Method EJ171
Technical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet - French
Technical Data Sheet - Spanish
Material Safety Data Sheet - English
Material Safety Data Sheet - French
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom's® sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom's® printed instructions. Custom® makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. Click for details and complete warranty information.
When WonderBoard® Lite Backerboard is used as a part of a qualifying full installation system of CUSTOM products, the installation can qualify for up to a lifetime system warranty. CUSTOM will repair and/or replace, at its discretion, the affected area of the system. For more information, find details and limitations to this warranty at custombuildingproducts.com.