- High flexibility and bond strength
- Non-slump for heavy tile and stone installations
- Superior non-slip/non-sag for wall applications
- A 30 lb bag covers the same area as a 50 lb bag of traditional mortar
- Contains recycled material that can contribute to LEED® certification
Suitable Tile Types
- Vitreous, semi-vitreous or non-vitreous tile: ceramic, quarry, cement body tile, pavers
- Impervious porcelain
- Brick and stone veneer
- Cement-based precast terrazzo
- Gauged or ungauged natural stone tile
Composition & Materials
Modified dry-set mortar, which is a proprietary blend of Portland cement, inorganic aggregates, copolymers and chemicals.
- High bond strength and flexibility
- Suited for thin-set and medium bed mortar applications
- Non-slip, non-slump for heavy floor and wall tile and stone installation up to 3/4" (19 mm) thick; 40% lighter than traditional mortars
- Exceeds ANSI A118.4TE, A118.15TE and A118.11 standards without the need for additives
- A 30 lb (13.6 kg) bag covers the same area as a 50 lb (22.68 kg) bag of traditional mortar
- Do not bond directly to hardwood, Luan plywood, particle board, parquet, cushion or sponge-back vinyl flooring, metal, fiberglass, plastic or OSB panels.
- When setting moisture sensitive natural stone, cement or agglomerate tile use EBM-Lite™ Epoxy Bonding Mortar 100% Solids or CEG-Lite™ 100% Solids Commercial Epoxy Grout.
- Do not use to install resin-backed stone use EBM-Lite™ Epoxy Bonding Mortar 100% Solids, CEG-Lite™ 100% Solids Commercial Epoxy Grout or contact Custom's® Technical Services for recommendations.
- When setting glass tile larger than 6" x 6" (15 x 15 cm), contact Custom's® Technical Services for recommendations.
- When setting dimensional stone larger than 12" x 12" (30 x 30 cm), contact Custom's® Technical Services for recommendations regarding subfloor deflection requirements.
- 30 lb (13.6 kg) bag
- Gray or white
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) ANSI A108.5, A118.4TE, A118.15TE and A118.11 American National Standards for the Installation of Ceramic Tile. Meets ANSI A138.1 for Sustainable Tile Installation Products.
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 13007-2 for Thin Set Mortar.
ASTM International (ASTM)
- ASTM C109 Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Hydraulic Cement Mortars (Using 2-in. or [50-mm] Cube Specimens)
- ASTM C627 Standard Test Method for Evaluating Ceramic Floor Tile Installation Systems Using the Robinson-Type Floor Tester
- Resilient Floor Covering Institute (RFCI) Recommended Work Practices for Removal of Resilient Floor Coverings
Tile Council of North America (TCNA) TCNA Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installation, TCNA Method EJ171
Technical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet - French
Technical Data Sheet - Spanish
Material Safety Data Sheet - English
Material Safety Data Sheet - French
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom's® sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom's® printed instructions. Custom® makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. This warranty is not transferrable.
When ProLite® Tile & Stone Mortar is used as a part of a qualifying full installation system of CUSTOM products, the installation can qualify for up to a 15 year system warranty. CUSTOM will repair and/or replace, at its discretion, the affected area of the system. For more information, find details and limitations to this warranty at custombuildingproducts.com.