Suitable Tile Types
Vitreous, semi-vitreous or non-vitreous tile: ceramic and impervious porcelain up to 18" x 18".
- Concrete, mortar beds, masonry, Portland cement plaster
- WonderBoard® Lite, cement backerboards
- Exterior Grade Plywood (EGP) - interior residential and light commercial dry areas
- Gypsum wallboard (interior dry areas)
- Existing ceramic tile
- Fully-bonded sheet vinyl flooring
- Plastic laminates
- Cutback adhesive (see preparation instructions)
Composition & Materials
Proprietary blend of acrylic copolymers, calcium carbonate and inorganic materials.
- High bond strengths for 8" x 8" (20 x 20 cm) floor tile
- Meets ANSI A136.1, Type 1 requirements for intermittent water exposure
- Do not bond directly to hardwood, Luan plywood, particle board, parquet, cushion or sponge-back vinyl flooring, metal, fiberglass, plastic or OSB panels.
- When setting moisture sensitive natural stone, cement or agglomerate tile, check with Custom Technical Services; use EBM-Lite™ Epoxy Bonding Mortar 100% Solids or CEG-Lite™ 100% Solids Commercial Epoxy Grout.
- Not recommended for installing tile larger than 6"x6" over waterproofing membranes.
- Do not use to install resin-backed marble of stone; use EBM-Lite™ Epoxy Bonding Mortar 100% Solids or CEG-Lite™ 100% Solids Commercial Epoxy Grout.
- Recommended for interior use only. Do not use for steam rooms, shower floors or underwater. For those installations, use CUSTOM® Polymer-Modified Mortar Systems.
- Not for use over radiant heat systems.
- Installation dry time varies depending on tile size and density, substrate porosity and ambient conditions.
- Do not use to install fixtures, ungauged natural stone, gauged stone thicker than 3/8" (9.5 mm), transparent glass tile, Saltillo pavers or lug back tile on floors.
- 1 qt (0.95 L) pail
- 1 gal (3.78 L) pail
- 3.5 gal (13.25 L) pail
- Canada 1 qt (0.95 L), 6.5 lb (2.9 kg) pail
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) ANSI A108.4 and A136.1, Type 1 American National Standards for the Installation of Ceramic Tile
Tile Council of North America (TCNA) TCNA Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installation, TCNA Method EJ171
Technical Data Sheet
Material Safety Data Sheet - English
Material Safety Data Sheet - French
Technical Data Sheet - French
Technical Data Sheet - Spanish
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom's® sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom's® printed instructions. Custom® makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. This warranty is not transferrable.