Suitable Tile Types
- Vitreous, semi-vitreous or non-vitreous tile: ceramic, mosaic, quarry, cement body tile
- Impervious porcelain and glass tile
- Brick and stone veneer
- Cement-based precast terrazzo
- Natural stone tile
Composition & Materials
Prism® SureColor® Grout is a blend of specialty cements, recycled aggregates and chemicals.
- Hard, dense grout joints
- Resists shrinking, cracking, powdering and wear
- Consistent color without shading or efflorescence
- Cures quickly, developing high early strength
- 32% lighter than typical grouts; excellent handling characteristics
- Contains 15% (by weight) pre-consumer recycled material
- Should not be installed when ambient or surface temperature is lower than 50°F (10°C) or higher than 100°F (38°C).
- Some ceramic, glass, marble or stone tiles can be scratched or damaged by the lightweight aggregate filler. Perform a test on a small area prior to use.
- Tile or stone with high absorption, surfaces that are porous or rough, textured surfaces and some types of porcelain tile may require sealing prior to grouting to prevent possible staining. Use Aqua Mix® Grout Release or Tilelab® SurfaceGard® Sealer to prevent staining when required.
- Chemicals in salt-based pool filtration systems can cause a reaction with blue, green and red grouts. Contact Technical Services for recommendations.
- 17 lb (7.71 kg) box containing (3) 5.7 lb (2.6 kg) sealed bags
- Available in 24 standard colors. Color matching is available.
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) ANSI A108.10 & A118.7 of the American National Standards for the Installation of Ceramic Tile ASTM International (ASTM)
- ASTM C109 Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Hydraulic Cement Mortars (Using 2-in. or (50-mm) Cube Specimens)
- ASTM C531 Standard Test Method for Linear Shrinkage
- ASTM C580 Standard Test method for Flexural Strength
Technical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet - French
Technical Data Sheet - Spanish
Material Safety Data Sheet - English
Material Safety Data Sheet - French
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom's® sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom's® printed instructions. Custom® makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. This warranty is not transferrable.